The Town of New Hartford Planning Department provides technical planning services and assistance to the Town Board, Planning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, numerous other committees and residents. They also participate in numerous inter-municipal and inter-agency planning groups and efforts.
Primary functions include:
- Updating and implementation of the Town's Comprehensive Plan and other long-range planning proposals;
- Coordination of site plan, Subdivision, and environmental reviews;
- Conducting research on economic and demographic conditions in the Town
- Maintaining a data base on the Town's population, land use, housing, environmental conditions, community facilities, etc.;
- Participation in the development of the Town's Capital Improvement Program;
- Assistance in the planning and design of the Town's parks and trails; preparation of grant applications under federal, state and other funding programs;
Overseeing the preparation of special planning studies and reports.